Update & Root Samsung P1000 to Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread [stock ROM]
Before, make you sure Galaxy Tab Drivers are installed. Either use KIES, Windows Update (Not sure if it will work this way) or download them
Download these Two files and place them in a folder together on your desktop
- Additional files
- Firmware file
After downloading Additional file (Samsung P1000.rar), extract it. if you right click n extract, it creates a folder Samsung P1000
After downloading Main firmware file, extract it n copy to same folder as above said e.g SamsungP1000 for easy access.
Now you have these files in a Samsung P1000 folder
1. Flashing the Firmware
1. Double click ODIN.exe to run the program.
2. Make sure your tab to turned off. Hold the Power and Volume down button at the same time and it will have a android guy in a triangle w/ a shovel and hook it up to your computer. This is the download mode.
So, now after entering in the download mode as shown in the above screen you will have to connect your device to the computer with the data cable and need to make sure that the ID:COM box glows yellowwhich means that all the device drivers are loaded successfully and you are ready to proceed for the rest of the steps ahead.
3. in the PDA section of odin place the main firmware .tar file in that section.
4. Place the .pit file in the pit section and make sure repartition, auto reboot & reset time selected.
(note above image to represent for option, n not showing yellow colour on ID-COM)
Again confirm file selection :
PIT – gt-p1000_mr.pit
PDA – P1000XXJQ1_P1000XXJQ1_P1000XXJPZ_HOME
Now, as soon as the yellow light is turned ON, there you go you can
5. Hit start and it will flash the firmware.
wait for a while till the Green colored “PASS” box is not shown up which is shown below. It may take 3-5 minutes to show up this box which is shown below,
2. Second Phase to flashing Firmware
you tab will reboot after the firmware flashes. Shut it down.
1. Place tab in DL mode again and hook it up to your computer. Power button and Volume Down at the same time.
2. Place dbdata.tar into the PDA section in ODIN (DO NOT SELECT REPARTITION)
3. Hit start and it will flash the .tar file.
4. Shut down the tab.
3. Phase Three of Flashing Firmware
We will be placing your tab into recovery mode. In Recovery Mode you will use the volume up and down keys to navigate and home key to select.
1. Hold Power and Volume up together.
2. Release Power after holding it for about 4-5 second and continue to hold the Volume Up button until recovery menu shows up.
3. Select wipe cache (When Done go to next step)
4. Select wipe data/factory reset.
5. Select reboot and you are done. You now have Android 2.3.3 Gingerbread.
4. Flashing of OPTIONAL rooted kernel GSM TABS ONLY
This is to be done after all the steps above have been done.
1. Start the ODIN program
2. put the CF-Root-TAB7_XX_OXA_JQ1-v3.3-CWM3RFS.tar file in the PDA section in ODIN (DO NOT SELECT REPARTITION)
3. Place your tab into DL Mode and hook it up to your computer
4. Hit start
you will now have a rooted tab and ClockWorkMod recovery insttaled